Buying? Selling? Renting? Thinking of Buying? Selling? Renting? Contact our West Street Office Team to discuss your requirements. Tel: 01342 410122 Email:
Buying? Selling? Renting? Hide


Keep up to date with the latest RH & RW Clutton news

Christmas & New Year Opening Hours

Thu 23 December 2021

***  Updated 30th December 2021 ***

Please note RH & RW Clutton's updated opening hours* for the Christmas and New Year period:

30 December 2021 – Office Open (until 1pm for our East Grinstead Office)

31 December 2021 – Office Open (until 12pm for our East Grinstead Office)

1 January to 3 January 2022 - Office Closed

4 January 2022 – Office Open

* Our offices will likely be operating on skeleton staff over the Christmas period and it is possible that the dates/times of opening may change during this time.

You are able to view our sale and rental properties 24/7 on our website. 

Tenants who are renting properties managed by RH & RW Clutton's East Grinstead Office who have emergency maintanence issues over the Christmas period should call (01342) 410122 for an out of hours contact number. Due to the reduced availability of contractors, urgent issues such as broken down boilers and radiators, will be prioritised. All other repairs, if left unresolved, will be dealt with as quickly as possible. You can find details of all our offices here.

If you smell gas or suspect a gas appliance is leaking fumes, call the Gas Emergency Services immediately on 0800 111 999 (24 hours). Open all windows and doors and vacate the property if necessary. Do not turn on an electrical appliances or switches or light any naked flames.

If your boiler has failed, please first check that you have not run out of oil. If you have run out of oil, you will need to arrange a delivery before a heating engineer can attend to bleed and reboot the boiler. Once you have arranged a delivery, please let the office you usually deal with know. 

Electrical Fault
First, please check that no fuses have blown, circuit breakers are in the ‘ON’ position and check that your trip switch has not tripped. If it has, switch of all appliances before resetting. Next, check that the area has not been affected by a general power cut. Check with your neighbours to see if they are experiencing similar power outages. If your neighbours are also experiencing power outages, call your local Electricity Network Operator’s 24-Hour Emergency Helpline. Scottish and Southern (dial 105 from a mobile). If the fault is isolated to your property and you have gone through all the steps, contact the office you usually deal with and we will arrange an engineer to you as soon as they are available.

Heating & Hot Water
Whilst it is an inconvenience to be without hot water and heating, it is only deemed and emergency in extremely cold weather conditions or if there are young children, elderly or vulnerable people in the property. If you are having issues with your gas boiler, first check to see if the pilot light is on and, if you have a combination-boiler, check that the pressure is set according to the manufacturer instructions. The instruction manual will tell you how to re-light the pilot light and re-set the pressure. The internet has a wide range of manuals available if you can’t find yours in your property, just search for the boiler make and model. If you are still experiencing issues, please let the office you usually deal with know.

Water Ingress & Leaks
As soon as you notice a leak, put a bucket or suitably sized container underneath the leak to catch as much as possible and remember to empty it regularly. You can then contact the office you usually deal with know so we can send a contractor.

If the leak is more substantial, such as a burst pipe or severe water ingress, locate the stop cock (usually found under the kitchen sink) and turn off the water. Mop up all surface water as quickly as possible to prevent damage. Call our offices and we will arrange for a plumber to attend as soon as possible. If water the source of the water is from a property above or next door to you, let the neighbours know immediately and request that they turn off the source of the leak. If they are not in, leave them a note with your contact details and call your local Environmental Health Department (0131 529 3030 / 0131 200 2000) and ask for the water ingress team. Please then let the office you usually deal with know. 

Smoke Detectors & Carbon Monoxide Alarms
Finally, we would ask that you ensure that you have tested your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms (if applicable) ahead of the Christmas period and arrange to change any batteries that may be running low. If you believe your detector or carbon monoxide alarm to be faulty, after changing the battery, please do let the office you usually deal with know so we can arrange replacement(s).


Book an appraisal
of your property

appraisal >