Our award-winning East Grinstead agency team has moved to our new dedicated residential estate agency and lettings agency office at 1 West Street in the heart of East Grinstead.
Our successful and highly regarded team specialises in the sale and rental of country homes, landed estates, farms and equestrian property providing house hunters with access to some of the most desirable property in Sussex, Kent, and Surrey. We look forward to welcoming you to our new office.
REGULATED BY RICS
We have a duty of care to every client to provide the best service. As a company we are members of the ROYAL INSTITUTION OF CHARTERED SURVEYORS (RICS) requiring us to provide the highest standards and complying to their strict codes of conduct.
Our chartered surveyors provide expert and impartial advice and are required to act in an honest, fair, transparent and professional manner. They are highly regulated and are required to follow strict rules of conduct.
As a company we have to have client money protection and appropriate professional indemnity insurance in place.
RICS members have to update their skills and knowledge throughout their careers, so you can rely on their expertise.
CLIENT MONEY PROTECTION
Client’s money is held in a discrete account which is protected under the RICS Client’s Money Protection Scheme.
We also adhere to the RICS Professional standards and guidance for UK residential real estate agency and follow The Real Estate Agency Code.
As a company regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), we have in place a Complaints Handling Procedure (CHP).
We will always endeavour to provide the highest levels of service however we appreciate that there may be occasions when something may not go to plan. If something does go wrong we would like you to tell us about it in order to help us to improve our standards.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint in respect of services provided to you by RH & RW Clutton, in the first instance please speak to the relevant office. If you have already spoken to us about your complaint, and it cannot be resolved on this basis or, if you prefer to follow the formal procedure, our formal CHP has two stages,
1. If you have a complaint, we will ask you to put the details in writing, including as much detail as possible to make sure that we have a full understanding of the reasons for the complaint. All written complaints should be sent to:
Mr George Back MRICS
RH & RW Clutton
92 High Street
Tel: 01342 410122
e-mail address: GeorgeB@rhrwclutton.co.uk
2. We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 3 working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
3. We will invesigate the complaint as quickly as possible. This will normally be dealt with by the office manager who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who dealt with you. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of sending the acknowledgement letter.
4. If at this stage you are still not satisfied you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate review to take place by a senior member of staff.
5. If we are unable to agree on how to resolve the complaint or more than eight weeks have elapsed since the complaint was first made, you can request an independent review with an independent redress provider. We have chosen to use the following RICS approved redress provider:
The Property Ombudsman, Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2BP
Telephone: 01722 333306
Please note you will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case.
The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through our in-house complaint's procedure first, before being submitted for an independent review.