SUPPORTING THE FARMING COMMUNITY
The occupation of farmland varies from client to client whether that be in hand livestock or arable operations, or lettings on traditional Agricultural Holdings Act Tenancies. We can support landowner clients in reviewing existing arrangements or the ongoing management of rental agreements.
Our range of services include:
- Writing/Renewing Farm Business Tenancies (FBT’s)
- FBT Rent Reviews
- AHA Rent Reviews
- Grazing Licences and Profit of Pasturage Agreements
- Farm Business Reviews
- Writing Contract Farming and Share Farming Agreements
- Basic Payment Scheme
- Countryside Stewardship
We can assist with all aspects of claiming subsidy under the Common Agricultural Policy or its successor, including Basic Payment Scheme claims, registration of businesses and land with the Rural Payments Agency
(RPA), updating mapping and boundary changes, transfer and purchase of entitlements together with resolving any dispute that may arise with the RPA.
The requirement to improve returns on your farming operation in light of Brexit and the changes proposed in farm support mean that outside expertise can be crucial. We are able to give advice on farming structures and restructuring, taking account of tax and valuation implications.
With the focus of agricultural subsidy shifting towards the provision of environmental benefits and value of tax payers’ money, we are able to assist and advise on a range of environmental schemes including:
- Existing Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) Agreements
- Mid-Tier and Higher Tier Countryside Stewardship
- Countryside Wildlife Offers
- Hedgerow & Boundary Capital Grants
- Conservation Grazing & Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSI) Management
Contact Nic Burchell
or Ben Lee
in our Land Agency Department for more information.