Viewing strictly by appointment only with RH & RW Clutton's East Grinstead office - 01342 410122
The cottage lies immediately east of Wych Cross, due south of Forest Row 2.5 miles, and just off the A22. East Grinstead is 6 miles with its main line station and excellend facilities. Uckfield and Haywards Heath being 8 and 10 miles respectively.
The cottage lies on the south side of Broadstone Warren, a large natural unspoilt mixed wooded area owned by the Scout Association, surrounded by Ashdown Forest, and very similar in character. This particular part of the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is renowned for everything it has to offer.
A Victorian cottage having typical brick and hung tile elevations under a tiled roof that required a little updating but has idyllic charm with the accommodation comprising:-
Sitting Room/Dining Room : 5.61m x2.82m with fireplace and door to porch.
Kitchen : 2.98m x 2.31m with solid fuel Rayburn.
Back Lobby : with cupboard and cloakroom.
Bedroom 1 : 3.03m x 2.86m
Bedroom 2: 2.91m x 2.39m max
Bedroom 3 : 2.84m x 2.83m
Bathroom : 2.89m x 1.35m
The cottage is approached by right of way off the main road over a short stretch of shared forest road. A very Sheltered Garden area with many trees surrounds the property. At the back is a separate brick and tile Wash Room 4.01m x 3.45m, with a large central fireplace previously housing the copper.
(The Greenhouse and Garden Shed belong to the Tenant).
TENURE AND POSSESSION
The property is offered Freehold. It is occupied by a fully protected Rent Act tenant under a recently confirmed Tenancy Agreement now in writing dated 17th July 2018. The current annual rent is approximately £6,000 per annum paid by Housing Benefit. A stipulation of the sale will be that the rent, if reviewed, shall be limited to the Housing Benefit payment. The tenant was born in the property on November 13th 1935.
SERVICES (not tested and therefore not warrantied)
Mains water and electricity are connected. Drainage is to a private system.
The property has been given an Energy Performance Rating of Band G. An exemption has been registered.
BEST AND FINAL OFFERS
Interested parties are asked to submit their best and final offer(s) in writing to RH & RW Clutton's office by 12 noon on Friday 31st August 2018. It is intended that a quick decision will then be made and solicitors instructed immediately on the acceptance of any offer.
The following conditions apply:-
1. Offer(s) should be made, subject to contract only, and should be submitted in writing to our East Grinstead Office addressed to James Tillard MRICS at the above address or by e-mail to JamesT@rhrwclutton.co.uk. Any other conditions must be clearly stated.
2. The offer letter must state clearly the prospective purchaser's name and address and provide full solicitor details.
3. All offers will be treated in the strictest confidence. Any offer made in a sealed envelope and marked 'BROADSTONE' will not be opened until the closing date.
4. If the offer is submitted by e-mail, potential purchasers should check prior to midday on the closing date that the offer has been received.
5. Written evidence must be provided to show funding is in place to complete the purchase without relying on a property sale.
6. Offers should be for a specific sum and unrelated to any other offer. It is suggested that offers should be for an odd sum to avoid identical bids. No escalating bids will be considered.
7. The vendors do not bind themselves to accept the highest or indeed any offer. All offers will be treated in the strictest confidence.
8. Exchange of contracts should be within 10 working days of receipt of papers from our clients solicitors. These will include title information, draft contract and transfer, and replies to standard enquiries. A deposit of 10% of the purchase price is payable upon exchange. Local authority searches are down to the buyer. Completion is to take place no more than 4 weeks from exchange. Any other time scales relevant to the offer must be clearly stated.
9. The vendor is at liberty to issue a contract pack to an alternative bidder in the event of the prospective purchaser failing to comply with any of the above.